Thursday, February 24, 2011

Because You're My Friend...



Do you have a friend whose fashion sense isn't exactly easy on the eyes? Or do you have that friend that leaves little to the imagination? When you go out in public, are you embarrassed to walk next to them or even be associated with them? Have you ever felt like it was your responsibility, your duty, to tell that friend the truth about their style or manners?

When I asked my brother ( a laid back and almost passive person ) he replied " No, I mean I would tell them but people will do what they want to do and you're there just along for the ride." Now does that sound like much help? Not to me.

In my opinion there are just some things you CANNOT do while you're out with me. Whether its using profanity whenever you open your mouth, wearing the most outrageous outfit either too revealing or too costume-like (yes I've seen it), bad-breath, being way too loud, or just having bad manners period, I WILL call you on it and I won't go anywhere with you again until you fix the problem. Some may think its mean, but in the long run, breaking these habits and traits NOW will help you succeed LATER.

So let me ask you, Do you think you have social responsibility over your friends?

-HAM

6 comments:

  1. I don;t think alot of people would really answer that question.. Seeing how most people really only do as they want to do..Good Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no. You can never help a person who doesn't want to be helped in all honesty. Seriously I want to help everyone I can but I can't help everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me first say that your playlist is awesome....it kicked butt. Anywho, I think I would have to be socially responsible for my friends in extreme measures. What I mean is that if they are SERIOUSLY doing something offputting, then yes I would have social responsibility over them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL This is funny. I wouldn't be friends with someone who is socially irresponsible, therefore I'd never have to tell a friend of mine to take off whatever their wearing. However, it is up to a person to do, wear, and say what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with you... no matter how much advice you give someone, they're going to always do what they want at then end of the day. Then again it still wont hurt to say how you feel just so they know and be aware of whatever problem they have

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel as though I have social responsibility over my friends. If I feel as though my friends don't look presentable in public I MIGHT let them know. I said might because sometimes I may come off as rude and then there's those times I just don't bother to say anything to them for some reason.

    ReplyDelete